Hostname Resolution not working in Explorer

Paul Osman paul.osman at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 18 00:31:21 EDT 2002

Gary,

Zope by default runs on port 8080. This is why you type :8080 after the
name of the server/domain. If you leave the port blank in a browser
location bar, the browser defaults the request to port 80 (which is the
default port for most web servers -- i.e. IIS, Apache). If you want zope
to run on port 80 by default, you will have to play around with the
configuration (I'd point you in the right direction but I don't actually
know much about Zope).
And btw:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/mange
http://localhost:8080/mange
http://hostname:8080/mange

will all mean the same thing when you're on the same machine as the server.

Hope this helps.

-Paul Osman