Python and spacecraft onboard or ground control scripting

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Tue Apr 16 09:11:40 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1018941435.32338.python-list at python.org>,
Christian Tanzer <tanzer at swing.co.at> wrote:

>claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:
>
>> Yes, for example, Python objects are dynamically created, and there is
>> the potential for "out of memory". I have a personal belief, however,
>> that the memory analysis of general C programs is no easier to compute
>> than that of Python programs.
>
>IIRC, the OP talked about mission critical systems. In many such
>systems, you are not allowed to allocate memory dynamically. While I
>agree that memory errors are much more likely in a C program than in a
>Python program, this doesn't hold when there isn't any runtime memory
>allocation going on in the corresponding C program.
			.
			.
			.
Entirely true.  I welcome all help making the context
of these propositions sufficiently precise so that it's
meaningful to consider whether they're true or not.  I
recognize that I'm a bit touchy about how the interpre-
tation of "mission-critical" can wander about in the
course of a conversation.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net