[Newbie] embed c++ in Python

Matthias Stern mstern at aon.at
Mon Apr 1 11:54:19 EST 2002

Hi!

I'm new to Python and I'm looking for a good tutorial how to embed a C/C++
function into Python. I found some tutorials but no one describes what I
need:

I want to know how to write a function which receives some variables as
argument changes them and sends the results back to Python. E.g.:

int doSomething(int *a, int *b) {
   :
   *a = 10;
   *b = 123;
   :
}

Can I do this in Python? I'd like to call the function doSomething() from
Python and receive the changed values a and b in Python again.

Is there a tutorial? Has someone got a simple example for this?

Thx, Mac