Simple text-editor in Python?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Apr 28 11:04:54 EDT 2002

Philipp Lenssen wrote:

> Is there a simple, open source text-editor project available in Python?

Do you want a simple editor to type python code in, or a simple editor
to embed in your own apps, or do you want an editor written in Python?

If the first -- anything will do. If you mean the second: all GUI toolkits
have what you need. As for the third: I've been working on an emacs-clone
written in Python, and I have some snippets of source available, if you want
them. It uses PyQt to actually put characters on screen, but the rest is
handled by Python.