Anyone into win32com IE, fetching a picture..

Andrew Markebo flognat at flognat.myip.org
Wed Apr 17 08:39:34 EDT 2002

Hello!

Sorry for asking probably a more windows-like question here, than on
windows group.. but this is my home.. my.. well you know..

Basically I am using win32com and InternetExplorer to fetch pages, and
I would also like to fetch the pr0n^H^H^H^H ehm.. snake pictures, yeah
snake pictures from the pages and store them..

ie = win32com.client.Dispatch('InternetExplorer.Application')
ie.Navigate(url)
doc = ie.Document
while doc.readyState != 'complete': time.sleep(0.1)

Well now doc contains a bunch of info about the stuff in the url, if
the url was an image, I can get the size, name and so on, but I
haven't managed to get my hands on the data-part of the image.. Any
hints??

Yeah I know.. go urllib2 or similar.. but but.. now (using win32com) I
have cookies, https and so on working good out of the box..

Anyone who recognizes??

Anyone who have a good http/url library that can handle this?

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!