dco2.so problem

Hugh h.e.w.frater at cs.cf.ac.uk
Sat Apr 20 21:49:19 EDT 2002

I can import DCOracle2 now that I've put dco2.so, DCOracle2.py and
__init__.py in my cgi-bin directory (probably not the right thing to
do, but it imports OK).
I now have another problem. When trying to do dbh =
DCOracle2.connect(connectstring) I get the following error in the
apache error log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cgi-bin/userbin/H.E.W.Frater/addItemType.py",
ine 12, in ?
    dbh = DCOracle2.connect('scm1hewf/*******@cs2000')
  File "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cgi-bin/userbin/H.E.W.Frater/DCOracle2.py",
lin
e 93, in connect
    db = dco2.connect(u, p, dbname)
dco2.DatabaseError: (12154, 'Error while trying to retrieve text for
error ORA-1
2154')

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it.

Hugh