(no subject)

eric eric at enthought.com
Fri Apr 5 22:43:26 EST 2002

017935351.5088.python-list at python.org> <slrnaasqc7.178.mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no>
Subject: Re: A faster Python?, Python compiler, Dylan,...
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:39:55 -0500

Hey Magnus,

That is exactly what Pat Miller of LLNL is working on.  The function
weave.accelerate() (in CVS and quite limited right now) is aimed at this
purpose.  It is a little different than Python2C to satisfy some needs in the
scientific community.  Also, Greg Ewing's new Pyrex project is a good candidate
for this sort of thing -- hopefully we can learn from each other because Pyrex
looks very promising.

So, the short answer is "good idea -- we're working on it." :-)

eric