Norton problem

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Apr 8 21:53:01 EDT 2002

FYI, Norton was impossible to deal with when this problem first surfaced,
and put quite a spin on the story.  I gave them a tiny self-contained C
program showing that *any* program calling Microsoft's popen() function
caused NAV to blue-screen crash in the same way.  Tech support didn't have a
clue what to do with the C code, or about what it implied.  They told me to
buy a new version of NAV and see whether it still happened.  Now it appears
they're trying to say it's a flaw in Python.  Oh well.

at-least-they-ignored-guido-too<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim