GUI Programming with Python using Qt

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Wed Apr 3 21:24:55 EST 2002

Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:24:59 -0100, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> spake:
>>   http://www.opendocspublishing.com/pyqt/
> I've forwarded this to Joshua -- I haven't tried buying one, of course :-).

  It would also be very nice if the opendoc version had a nice single
download archive - I had to fiddle with wget and do a lot of sed work to
fix the URLs so I could read it on my local HD and not hit the site
every time I turn the page.

  I'd really MUCH rather be able to buy just a CDROM with the book in
clean HTML (go ahead and take a look at the generated HTML...  Evil!)
with all the illustrations (which aren't in the opendoc version), but
failing that, I'll probably pick up the dead-tree edition.

  So far it seems to be an excellent book - just last week I started
teaching myself PyQt, so it came out at the right time.  I've skipped
over all the BlackAdder stuff, but I may try that out next.

"No one is safe.  We will print no letters to the editor.  We will give no
space to opposing points of view.  They are wrong.  The Underground Grammarian
is at war and will give the enemy nothing but battle." -TUG, v1n1