Tkinter, resizing, and widget clipping

Douglas Alan nessus at mit.edu
Thu Aug 15 21:39:11 EDT 2002

Hi.  Is there a way to tell Tkinter that I'd like to allow a window to
be resizable, but only down to the point where no widget clipping
occurs?

I know that to get the effect I want, I can always (1) draw the window
without any geometry setting, (2) fetch the geometry of the drawn
window, (3) set the minimum window size to be this size, and then (4)
reset the geometry of the window to be the size that I'd really like
the window to start off as.  It seem to me, though, that is something
of a slow and gross hack.