ANN: Pyrex 0.4.3

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 27 21:38:16 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1030497522.20672.python-list at python.org>, Skip
Montanaro wrote:

>    Magnus> I can tell, the two languages aren't really semantically
>    Magnus> equivalent anyway, are they?
>
>Nor are they syntactically equivalent, unless Guido's time machine has been
>at work again.

Sure. But IIRC you used preservation of semantic equivalence as an
argument, and that argument is perhaps not as strong when the semantic
equivalence isn't really there... That was the thought, anyway.

>choose-your-poison-ly, y'rs,

Indeed. As for Pyrex's poisen, that's Greg's call, of course :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org