Python and Javascript

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Aug 13 07:48:01 EDT 2002

"Graeme Longman" <glongman at ilangua.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Ok, ok so it has more to do with javascript than python but I'm sure you
> guys know the answer.
>
> I'm trying to get a form working with a popup calender but it seems that
> javascript doesn't like me using underscores or dashes in my
> identifiers. Iit complains when I use say 'start_dt-0' as the name for
> one of my form input values.
>
> I need to use a name which can later be split up. Does anyone know how I
> can use underscores or what character I should be using ?

This is because of the minus sign in the last but one character of the
identifer. Underscores are fine. Dashes definitely aren't.

otherwise-you-simply-subtract-zero-ly y'rs  - steve
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/