convince me

Bitsniffer bitsniffer at whoknows.com
Mon Aug 5 18:57:12 EDT 2002

I started with perl. I suggest that you start with Python.

I think the main advantage of Python in this case is that you can learn
well OO programming. With perl (version 5) OO is a BIG MESS.

Perl is also a good language that teaches you to think in ways
in which traditional C/pascal would never think.

Then, if you want a non-scripting language I suggest java.

I don't like C, but like almost everyone in computing I did some C at some
point. There is no hurry. You are still young and if you are lucky you
 will not need to learn it!

I think you will have a lot more fun with Python that with C bacause you
will quickly be able to write real programs that do real useful things.
With C you might get frustrated chasing pointers (as I like to say).

Have fun.

-bs