Build bugs in Python 2.2.1?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Aug 10 09:51:42 EDT 2002

Jonathan Hogg <jonathan at onegoodidea.com> writes:

> Which is why it should search in the install prefix for libraries. This is
> the standard procedure with most autoconf-style packages.

Can you give a few examples, please?

> I'd be happy to aid in helping with using autoconf to manage the entire
> build process if there was a good chance of it being accepted into the
> standard distribution.

I guess you try to incorporate changes one-by-one, with some long-term
goal in mind. It is impossible to predict what reactions a change to
the build procedure will cause.

I can tell for certain that a process that reverts setup.py to use
autoconf instead will be rejected.

Regards,
Martin