Can ask a class for its functions?

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Thu Aug 15 13:15:56 EDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 08:50:30AM -0700, Kevin Altis wrote:
> It looks like you can also use that on an instance of a class. I wonder
> whether these results are Python 2.2.x specific? PythonCard has been using
> an elaborate method to recurse over an instance variable using __bases__ and
> it would be nice to replace that.

Note: Because dir() is supplied primarily as a convenience for use at an
interactive prompt, it tries to supply an interesting set of names more
than it tries to supply a rigorously or consistently defined set of
names, and its detailed behavior may change across releases.
    [http://www.python.org/doc/lib/built-in-funcs.html#l2h-14]

Jeff