I'm coming from Tcl-world ...

Andres Rosado arosado at softhome.net
Mon Aug 5 20:32:11 EDT 2002

At 09:26 PM 8/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Clearly, minimalism can be taken to a ridiculous extreme.  But, I still fail
>to see what problem adding switch-case syntax fixes.  It is certainly not
>more compact than a dictionary approach AFAIKT, and it is (arguably) no
>clearer,
>so why add more sugar here?
>
>(Then again, I am fond of table (dictionary)-driven constructs because
>they are, IMHO, much more maintainable and clear than the equivalent
>in-line implementations... I'm a wee bit biased)

I'm quite new to programming in Python and this puzzled me. Could you give
me an example of using dictionaries instead of switch?

Thank you very much!

-----------------------------------
Andres Rosado
Email: andresr at despammed.com
ICQ: 66750646
Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/

"There is no choice before us. Either we must Succeed in providing
the rational coordination of impulses and guts, or for centuries
civilization will sink into a mere welter of minor excitements.
We must provide a Great Age or see the collapse of the upward
striving of the human race"
                 -- Alfred North Whitehead