ANN: New PEP Format: reStructuredText

David Goodger goodger at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 31 10:34:54 EDT 2002

François Pinard wrote:
> The hope here is that `reStructuredText' will repay us back fairly soon.

Depending on the application, and who you ask, it is already paying great
dividends.  People are using Docutils/reStructuredText to construct web
sites, write project documentation, and even books.  I've recently seen a
glimpse of a GUI app that looks *very* promising.

> But if it strictly stays limited to PEPs, the cost might be higher than
> the benefits.  It ought to aim some wider scope of applicability.

Oh, Docutils/reStructuredText does have a very wide aim, and is not limited
to PEPs at all.  PEPs are just the first step into the Python world, a foot
in the door.  See PEP 287 for the master plan.  Mwa-ha-ha-haa!

--
David Goodger  <goodger at users.sourceforge.net>  Open-source projects:
  - Python Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/