ZODB Frontend (ZEO)

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Fri Aug 23 11:57:24 EDT 2002

In article <3D665564.2060302 at thomas-guettler.de>, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> [cut]
>
>>>Are there other server frontends for ZODB than ZOPE?
>
>> Yep. Use ZEO. It's included in the Standalone ZODB distributions from
>> amk and ZOPE CVS.
>
> I don't know much about ZEO. But I think you can't implement access
> control via ZEO. If a client is allowed to connect to a remote ZODB he is
> allowed to write to all data in the database ....

Probably.

> Or am I missing something?

I also don't know much about ZODB or what you want to do with it.

Depending on your requirements, it might be feasible to combine a remote
object protocol like PyRO or CORBA with ZODB.

If your aim is to get authentication into the ZODB client/server
architecture, then that's a different beast. Using SSL client and server
and client certificates might work. Perhaps there's even a way to do that
transparently with little helper apps like stunnel.

That's of course just my braindump ;-)
--
Gerhard Häring
OPUS GmbH München