Pickle > Shelve > Small SQL Databases

Chris Lyon chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk
Mon Aug 26 08:14:11 EDT 2002

dbhash seems to have the required ability ( walking a database without
building the list in memory )
but a couple of issues

I can see that dbhash will address the issue of tranversing the
database but how do I use the .first ,.next .last calls from a shelve
file?
Or do I ignore shelve and use dbhash to store pickles of the classes?

I notice shelve seems to use a database interface do I need to 'force'
it to use dbhash and again having so done can I access the .next
method?