Python is easy?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Aug 20 04:00:54 EDT 2002

Python Web Programming                        pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com
"Patrick Ellis" <pellis at tampabay.rr.com> found the following changes
beneficial ...
[ ... ]

> I changed my default action to edit the .py file in my preferred editor.
I'm
> used to clicking on the .cpp and .h source code to edit it. Having python
> execute, instead of edit, goes against my ingrained habits. I can't count
> the number of times I accidentally ran a library module, when I just
wanted
> to view it. The default of edit makes it easier to browse through the
source
> of the various modules I'm using. As part of writing one script, I'll end
up
> looking at several modules. If I edit more than I execute, it makes sense
> me to making editing the easier option to do.

One last thought ... if you make your preferred editor PythonWin then you
can also usually execute programs fairly easily, with a Python debugger
around if you need it.

The vi and emacs bunches will now doubtless descend on this thread and
explain how they would do this too :-)