import types fails

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Fri Aug 23 11:26:57 EDT 2002

That's really cool :)  Unfortunately, the call into QThread's run method
(which is where everything is dying) is a C module call and the python that
gets executed by that library call does not get traced.  Thus, I can't see
anything about the environment in which the import fails 'cause it's all
wrapped up by the QThread.

Does that mean I need to trace it in gdb? Icky...  ;o)

btw, the -vv didn't help for the same reason that the blackbox code didn't
work.  And thanks for posting that.. My news server never did get Tim's
post.

Greg Fortune

Richie Hindle wrote:

> Greg,
>
> [Tim Peters]
>> First run python with -vv and stare at the output.  With the -vv switch,
>> Python displays a detailed account of (among other things) how imports
>> get satisfied.
>
> If that doesn't help, you could use the "Black box recorder" module
> I posted recently to get a trace of each line of Python code
> executed.  The last line of the log will be the line that caused the
> hang (possibly a call into a C module).

<snip>