Python team for ICFP contest

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Fri Aug 23 21:11:57 EDT 2002

Ok, as Erwin was too lazy I'll write this email :-P

As usual, with the International Conference on Functional Programming,
there will be a programming contest:

    The contest will be held Friday, August 30, 2002 -- Monday,
    September 2, 2002.

    See http://icfpcontest.cse.ogi.edu/ for more details.

Last year I was involved in a Python team where we had lots of fun and
our entry wasn't that bad, either.

The project entry was called #python, because most members and people
who gave advise were on the #python IRC channel on openprojects.net.  I
suppose that's how we'll probably work this time, too.

Lots of infrastructure is already in place for a world-wide distributed
Python team:

- an IRC channel: #python @ openprojects.net (use irc.openprojects.net
  as server)
- a Wiki page (from 2001):
  http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/python/moin.cgi/IcfpPythonTeam

So if you want to beat the lambdas and $'s out of other languages, this
is the time :-)

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 17.4 °C      Wind: 1.7 m/s