Very simple graphic plotting...

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Tue Aug 6 13:10:10 EDT 2002

"christian" <chr_werner at gmx.de> schreef in bericht
news:8829a034.0208060642.9119f81 at posting.google.com...
> Hallo python gods :-)
>
> I'm looking for a easy-to-use module which let's me draw some plots
> while a simulation coded in python is running and producing the data
> to be diplayed. Ideally the simulation-code would be the main thread
> (or something), sending the information on-the-fly to some kind of
> small routine continously updating 2-4 graphs in an seperate window
> while the main prog is proceeding with the task... I figure threading
> would be necessary...
<...snip..>

I have used Tkinter for this purpose, you have to learn some basics, but
then it works great. I have also used VPython, whcih had an amazingly low
learning curve, I programmed a variant of 3D life in a very small amount of
lines of Python code. Although you don't need 3D I would play with VPython
at least as source of inspiration.

regards Gerrit
--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/