The perfect Python

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Wed Aug 28 16:40:02 EDT 2002

In article <3D6D20C6.4060400 at vip.fi>, Pekka Niiranen <krissepu at vip.fi>
writes:

| Instead of the features you listed I think developers should
| concentrate more on speeding up the execution of Python code.

everyone has their own opinion on what the developers should be
doing. it is fortunate that they mostly ignore this ;)

| The trend of making C -extensions for the sake of the cleaner syntax
| does not make sense: are we to convert all the existing C-code to Python
| callable procedures? What happens to the maintainability of this
| kind of  "Python" -code?

do you mean people write c extensions for use from withing
python instead of writing just c code and not using python
at all?

yes, writing pure python would be much better ;)

seriously, i do not see a trend of people writing their c programs in
the form of python extensions because of syntax. but someone wants to
have nice syntax for c and easy python interfacing, pyrex might be for
them.

  -- erno