Python Lint? (was "Can Python supplant Java?")

Webb Sprague wsprague100 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 14:02:29 EDT 2002

Hi All,

It seems to me that it would be pretty easy to address
the type checking question by some thing like the
following:

When you are going to use a variable, assign it a
default in the appropriate type (stringv = '', intv =
0, etc).  Run the Python script through a lint type
program that would flag any variables assigned to
without such a "declaration" or any variables assigned
a new type.

I have been helped by Perl's "use strict;" / "my"
feature many times.  My idea might approximate it.