Apache and mod_python on Suse 7.3

Ralf Neugebauer R.Neugebauer at et.fh-osnabrueck.de
Wed Aug 7 03:05:47 EDT 2002

Hallo,

i want use Apache with Python therefore i installed mod_python on my Suse Linux 7.3.
But it doesn't work right.

I installed the mod_python package, everything is configured right.
I added the /usr/lib/apache/lib/python2.2/site-package Path to the PYTHONPATH,
but when i call a python programm there comes always this errormessage:

>>> from mod_python import apache
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/apache/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line 617, in ?
    make_table = _apache.make_table
NameError: name '_apache' is not defined

It's caused because the mod_python.apache package could not find the import _apache line.

Where is my mistake? I have no idea to solve it.

Thx for helping me
Ralf