Windows Infrared Port Programming (using USPP)

Scott Brady Drummonds scott.b.drummonds at intel.com
Thu Aug 29 12:39:13 EDT 2002

"Steven" <sadams123 at optushome.com.au> wrote in message
news:3d6e33e2$0$29911$afc38c87 at news.optusnet.com.au...

> > 3)  I'm hoping that after I can verify that some data is being
> communicated,
> > I can reverse engineer the command language that Nokia uses to
communicate
> > with the phone (I can't find the command language on-line).  Maybe my
> entire
> > premise is flawed.
>
> I use Roger Burnham's Serial package, which was a doddle to get some basic
> communications going with my Ericsson T68.

I'll try this.

> Try sending some basic AT commands e.g. 'ATI\015' should get the modem to
> identify itself.

Actually, the reason why I came to this group is because I don't think the
communication is correct, not that I don't know the command language (which,
incidentally, I don't.  But, I'm going on the assumption that once the
communication link is functional I'll get messages back from the phone
describing the malformed commands).

Do you think that the packages you mentioned will help me get the link
functional?  Or are they going to be more useful for determining the command
language once I am correctly communicating with the device?

> You could take a look at the codes used in Gnokii  http://www.gnokii.org

OK.  I'll check this out, too.

Thanks,
Scott