conjugate gradient minimization

Uwe Schmitt uwe.schmitt at procoders.net
Wed Aug 14 09:44:02 EDT 2002

henk_derudder[nospam]@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:44:46 +0300, Markus O Kaukonen
> <markus.kaukonen at iki.fi> wrote:

>>Hei kaikki,
>>
>>Has anyone coded/seen conjugate gradient algorithm coded with python?

> I do not know of such an implementation, but there is a lot of
> conjugate gradient code (C or even C++) out on the web (use google to
> find it). If you use then swig (www.swig.org) to make this code
> available to Python it should get you going.

Have a look at www.netlib.org, most of the code is FORTRAN,
which can easily be compiled (Linux: use f77, Windows: f2c),
wraped with C code and than wraped to python with swig.
As the interfaces are quite simple and clear your task should
make no troubles...

Greetings, Uwe

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt      Computer science is no more about Computers,
uwe.schmitt at procoders.net      than astronomy is about telescopes. h(Dijkstra)