(slightly OT): Python and linux - very cool

Mike mike at nospam.com
Thu Aug 1 11:21:04 EDT 2002

"TuxTrax" <TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net> wrote in message
news:slrnakhuhq.la6.TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet...

FWIW, with the exception of a modification nntpserver definition,

> nntpserver  = "news.yourserver.com"

this code runs as-is on my W2k machine. I know you're probably not
interested, but there's a very nice Python distribution for Windows from
ActiveState.

One wonders how your code would look in some other languages. In Perl, of
course, it would be an unreadable mess, but what about something like Rebol?

  www.rebol.org

Here's the intro page:

  http://www.rebol.com/rebol-intro.html

I've never done any rebol programming, but this sounds like something rebol
was made to do.

-- Mike --