Using python to add contacts to outlook express 6

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 12 23:30:44 EDT 2002

"Chris" <chrisc894 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H9Z59.94576$Jz.17061460 at twister.socal.rr.com...
> Is Python currently able to do something like add contacts to outlook
> express.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to first find this out, and then I plan on writing a
> script to query a database and then add names and email addresses to
> Outlook.

I'll go out on a limb and say this isn't possible because OE isn't a
scriptable application. Indeed one of OE's (few) attractions is precisely
its greater immunity to macro viruses and the like when conservatively
configured.

I'm only doing this as a favor to you ... experience has taught me that most
such definitive statements will be proved wrong within 24 hours. Maybe
someone knows enough about the file structures to tell you how to do it
through the filestore when OE isn't active.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/