ftplib LIST question

Al spohn at nospam.mayo.edu
Mon Aug 5 23:23:59 EDT 2002

I'm interested in parsing the output of retrlines('LIST') via a callback
routine, e.g., retrlines('LIST',mycallbackroutine()).  I'm an absolute
python newbie, but I'm pretty experienced with regular expressions so
I'm not so concerned with carving up the lines once I get them... my
immediate problem is what special variable (or whatever... something
like the perl $_ maybe?) represents each line in the context of the
callback routine.

Of course, if there's a smarter way of handling this I'm completely open
to suggestions.  I'm always hitting the same server so I'm assuming the
directory listing will be static.  I need to process each filename in
turn and base my logic on the filename.

Thanks in advance,

- Al