need help with py2exe

brobbins333 at shaw.ca brobbins333 at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 18 11:34:16 EDT 2002

I'm not having any luck getting py2exe to work by following the
directions that are given on the web site. Here is the setup script:

	# setup.py

	from distutils.core import setup
	import py2exe

	setup(name = "pfactors", scripts = ["pfactors.py"])

Running this with <python setup.py py2exe> produces an error. The
module py2exe.py contains only one line of code, which raises the
exception, and the comment:

	#this module has been replaced by build_exe

When I run setup.py after after modifying it to import build_exe, an
"illegal command" exception is raised. py2exe is apparently not a
valid argument. Can anyone tell me how to get this working?

I have installed the latest version of py2exe and am running it with
Python 2.1 on Win98.

BR