PIL Compiler problem

Steven Faulconer sfaulconer at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 26 09:18:31 EDT 2002

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>    Steven> Tcl/Tk 8.4b1
>    Steven> Tk/tkImaging.c: In function `PyImagingPhoto':
>    Steven> Tk/tkImaging.c:165: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'
>    Steven> Tk/tkImaging.c:175: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'
>    Steven> Tk/tkImaging.c:182: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'
>    Steven> Does PIL not support Tcl/Tk 8.4b1?
>
>That's quite possible.  Have you tried Tcl/Tk 8.3?  Can you find that symbol
>in the Tk library?

Skip,

Thank you for the message. I haven't tried Tcl/Tk 8.3. What I ended up
doing was editing the tkImaging.c file, and adjusting the calls to
Tk_PhotoPutBlock. The existing calls were missing the 'compRule'
argument, so I added a '0' as the last argument, which in my
understanding, is supposed to make the function work just like it did in
Tcl/Tk8.3. Everything seems to be functioning properly. Thanks again for
the message.

Steven