Tix, pmw and included batteries

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Aug 7 23:22:56 EDT 2002

Bob X <bobx at linuxmail.org> wrote in message news:<nzf49.1247$w51.401119 at news2.news.adelphia.net>...
> Will Stuyvesant wrote:
>
> > Can anybody tell me about pmw and the future?  Or about what is so
> > good about Tix that it made battery status? !:=)
>
> Pmw has not been updated in a while...so I am wondering if that may be
> the reason.

Pmw is still alive and the author was recently contemplating doing a new
release and was thus casting around to see if there were any issues which
had to be addressed on top of what he already had. Not sure how long it
might now be before something comes out, but it is still active. If anything
the lack of activity merely derives from the fact that the package is put
together quite well. Most problems I have seen people having have been
because they haven't read and understood the documentation properly.