The troubles with pythonwin

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Aug 1 19:08:23 EDT 2002

Gerson Kurz wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:51:09 GMT, "Neil Hodgson"
> <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>

>>  Scintilla tries really hard to stop you from deleting half of a CR+LF
>>pair, so if you could find a reproducible way to do this, it would be a big
>>help in trying to fix the problem. There are ways using explicit backslash
>>sequences in the SciTE replace dialog (IIRC PythonWin doesn't support
>>backslash quoting in replace) to do this but if you attempt this then I
>>assume you know what you are doing.
>

> I think I got it, and its dead simple too: Try using Shift+Return in a
> file that has only CR+LFs. Admittedly, I normally don't use
> Shift+Return, but it seems that sometimes when in a typing frenzy I do
> ;)
>
> Now, this looks like it could've been meant to be a feature, although
> a quick check at Scites manual doesn't say so.

That is a feature of the interactive window - it is used to prevent
execution of the command - for example, to insert a new line in a
command already half entered.

It appears that this also works in the editor window - it should not
work like this.  I am not yet sure if this is a side effect of the
interactive window or something else completely.

As to the rest of the problems, they seem all related to the debugger.
A reproducible test case would go a long way to helping me sort these out.

Mark.