Being forced into VB.NET...can Python code be used in this framework?

Gabe Newcomb Gabe.Newcomb at noetix.com
Tue Aug 6 18:21:55 EDT 2002

Ack! I work in a QA dept, doing mainly test automation. So far, I've
been doing my work in Python. However, it has been decided that everbody
in the group should switch to a common language so that we can get
things done faster and more easily share code; this was also done
because when we hire new people, it'll be easier to find someone who
knows VB.NET than someone who knows Python. I can't really argue with
this thoughts--I've explained that the learning curve for Python is
REALLY short, but it doesn't seem to matter.

So, I'm being forced to use VB.NET. This honestly bums me out. I guess
I'm sending this message for two reasons:

1) to complain and gather sympathy
2) to see if there's anyway (yet) to create code in Python that can be
used in the .NET framework (please oh please oh please).

Thanks,
Gabe