convince me

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Aug 5 11:45:55 EDT 2002

Kyle Babich wrote:
> I know I want to learn C,

Postpone this as long as possible ... Not because c is bad, but because
it is hard. You will have a lot more fun developing in Python as you
will se results much faster. Python will also teach you the "right" way
of writing software much faster. Which can be transfered to c when that
time comes.

 > but as far as
> perl and python I'm trying to decide which.

The only thing Perl can teach you is to love pain, and there are better
ways of doing that!

In perl simple things are fast and easy, but as you need to do more
complicated things it gets old really fast.

I to came from Perl and held off because I found the whitespace
indentation issue to be strange. Doh! My stubbornnes wasted me a year
and a lot of expensive Perl books.

regards Max M