I'd like to learn Python

Phil Hystad philh at nwlink.com
Sun Aug 11 16:04:32 EDT 2002

"krc" <krc at dr.com> wrote in message
news:37d06105.0208110751.6f61280a at posting.google.com...
> I'd like to learn Python. I have very little prior programming
> experience, so please view me as a complete newbie to programming.
>
> I'm looking for a book or two. I don't want to buy the first book on
> Python I happen to stumble over: I reckon there's both good books and
> bad books on the subject, and I want a good one that teaches me good
> programming habits. If you could point me in direction of such, I'd be
> very thankful!
>
> Thank you and have a nice day!
>
> - krc

Although I have not read the book I did look through it quickly and decided
it was not bad.  The book is "Learn to Progam Using Python: A Tutorial for
Hobbyists, Self-Starters, and All Who Want to Learn the Art of Computer
Programming" by Alan Gauld.  Yes, it is a very long title but you can find
the book on Amazon and read more about it.