Could Python supplant Java?

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at man.ac.uk
Fri Aug 23 04:49:46 EDT 2002

Tim Tyler wrote:
> Ah - mismanaged companies.

Who said anything about companies?

> OK - if your management thinks they can afford to hire a programmer -
> but they don't think they can afford a half-decent machine for him -
> by all means stick to programming the supplied box in Forth ;-)

Budgeting when research grants are involved is...   Hmm.  I don't think I can
say anything particularly nice here, so I'll say nothing.  Mind you, I'd rather
they employed me as a programmer for longer than spent all that money on giving
me an up-to-date system.  The latest and greatest are way overrated.  ;^)

Donal.
--
Donal K. Fellows   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~fellowsd/   donal.fellows at man.ac.uk
-- I'm curious; where does this statistic come from? Does its home, perchance,