Lecter - New Language

Daniel Fackrell unlearned at DELETETHIS.learn2think.org
Fri Aug 2 15:09:04 EDT 2002

"Randy Meeks" <Randy101 at poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:aiekhq$bsp$1 at news.tpi.pl...
> I wrote script language int Python.
>
> http://wirtual.pl/python/lecter/lecter015.zip
>
> Included:
>
> Lecter v0.15 - English Version
> Manual - Polish Version
> 2 Sample - *.lc file
>
> Lecter is created for build fast script for copying, eraseing etc
>
> Lecter v0.15 is first version
>
> Mateusz Kosiedowski
> Randy101 at poczta.onet.pl

I'm not familiar with the language in which the docs are written, but I did
look at the code.  It seems to me that you use a lot of:

if x[0] == 'a':
    if x[1] == 'b':
        if x[2] == 'c':
            # Do something

constructs for detecting your keywords.  Perhaps a dictionary approach would
better suit the task?  Might cut the length of your code in half.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=7zheids53q.fsf%40andrew.cmu.edu

--
Daniel Fackrell (unlearned at learn2think.org)
When we attempt the impossible, we can experience true growth.