the prime radient of psychohistory - NOT!

gem gmoffatt at rtol.net
Sat Aug 10 17:21:39 EDT 2002

I have been following the MrProject effort and am moderately
disappointed - not that I want to disparage them but they seem enamoured
of M$P which to my experience is of limited use. I have worked almost 30
years in construction, over half that time as a Critical Path scheduler.
I have lots of opinions about how a scheduling software should work and
would very much like to see an OS program developed.  I think Python may
be the tool of choice  and possibly Firebird  but I am a long way from
the proficiency needed to do this myself. The report tool in
gnu-enterprise also looks promicing and the spec for gnue includes a
future scheduling module.  Right now I am doing a lot of reading and
trying to master the basics of Linux and network computing.  I would
appreciate help i n setting up the python with firebird and some kind of
gui.