Could Python supplant Java?

Nick Ruisi n_ruisi at softhome.net
Thu Aug 22 06:58:13 EDT 2002

.net compiled code can run on linux with the mono CLR
(http://www.go-mono.com). One can use the mono tool kit to write /
compile .Net code on a linux box, without ever touching a microsoft
product.  The compiler and SDK for C# and VB.Net is a free (albeit
large) download. Although I don't like VB.Net as a language, C# is fine.
It's just like java.