PyQt (3.3.2) on Linux

iwk ignorethis_rochus at vanderkleyn.c_o_m
Sat Aug 3 15:59:35 EDT 2002

Hi there,

Over the last one year and a half I've tried to install PyQt on several
versions of Linux, including Mandrake 8.0 until 8.2. Often without
succes, for a variety of reasons. With the release of KDE 3.02, PyQt
3.3.2 and SIP 3.3.2 I decided to give it another try.

First I installed KDE 3.0.2 on Mandrake 8.2. Works fine.
I compiled and installed SIP, also succesfull.
I compiled and installed PyQt with no obvious errors.

However, a small test file (generated with pyuic) crashed with the
eror-message (trace-back)

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtmodule.so: undefined
symbol: metaObject+C90SGIStyle

So I read through the docs again and found out that on Mandrake and
Debian you had to include #define QT_NO_STYLE_SGI in the
/usr/lib/qt3/include/qconfig.h header file.

Now PyQT refused to compile.

So I about to give up. ANy idea what is going wrong? Is there a solution
available?

Regards,

Iwan