[ANN] SkunkWeb 3.3 Released
drew_csillag at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 11:44:37 EDT 2002
Release 3.3 of The SkunkWeb Web Application Server has just
The release is available from the SkunkWeb home page at
or directly from
Changes in 3.3
* Developer's manual updated
* fix to PyDO/mysql so that you can put NULL values into columns
* minor change to handling of python code files (__name__ is now set
to '__main__' in the document namespace), so precompiled Cheetah
* fix to the cachekey generator so it won't dump core under certain
---3.3 beta 0 cut
* the build process was revised to facilitate changing the installed
directory structure using standard configure options; FHS-compliant
packaging and installation is now feasible.
* PSP support added. For now should be considered alpha
* Prebuilt documentation is now included in the distribution (HTML and
paper-formats in letter dimensions)
* now can have skunkweb started as root (can set who you actually want
it to run as) so you can bind to low ports
* new extcgi service so you can run CGI's from SkunkWeb!
* new pycgi service for running Python CGI's in process -- still in
* vfs.FS has new method, split_extra(), that finds extra path info;
the rewrite service has a new DynamicRewriter subclass,
ExtraPathFinder, which takes advantage of it (although a simple
rewrite rule is still more efficient to use when possible -- see the
* fixed userModuleCleanup bugs when using MySQL service and/or used
<:img:> tag with PIL installed.
* pydo/mysql now supports connection caching using the mysql service.
* PyDO documentation updates
* The userdir service will now function properly when operating with a
* Now converts non-native line-endings in exprs to the native line
ending so that when editing templates on non-native machines,
expressions will work properly
* auth service fix when using multiple auth schemes simultaneously --
BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE AHEAD---
If you customized the login/logout pages copied from the auth
service directory, NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE!!
change the <:import SkunkWeb Configuration:> to <:import auth:>
change the Configuration.authAuthorizer bits to auth.getAuthorizer().
If you copied them and didn't change them, recopy them.
* the logger now handles some really bizarre cases that shouldn't ever
happen in reality (but of course have, or I wouldn't have fixed
them). Oh the benefits of a machine with bad memory to make you
test for things that shouldn't happen.
Very best wishes to all,
More information about the Python-list