newbie problem

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 27 08:06:43 EDT 2002

Manuel Hendel wrote:

> I'm totally new to python, I'm right know reading the book "Einführung
> in Python" from O'Reilly. I have to solve a problem and want to do it
> using python.
[snip excellent specs]
> Can anyone give me a hint where to start and an idea how to solve
> this?

Do you want the experience of figuring most of this out yourself, so
we should provide hints, or do you want a ready-made solution which
gets the job done, and from which you can learn for next time?

This is only about a ten or fifteen line program, if that, I think,
so it's probably pretty easy for us to post a full working version
if you wish.

-Peter