regular expression conundrum

Chris Spencer clspence at one.net
Wed Aug 14 14:08:09 EDT 2002

	I'm building a string that will be eval()-ed.  I'm building a string
which will include Windows path names.  Some of my users, not knowing Python,
will do something like this: "d:\foo\bar\"+filename
	When eval()-ed, the " is escaped by the final backslash in the directory
string.  I'm making it easy on them by giving them an option to wholesale escape
all backslashes.  But just in case they did it RIGHT by typing:
"d:\foo\bar\\"+filename  I want to make sure that the final two backslashes
aren't escaped again, causing two backslashes to be present in an eval().

Chris.