Zope Business Rules Engine

Brian Corrigan bcorrigan at tagcorporate.com
Fri Aug 9 18:41:55 EDT 2002

Im looking to develop a payroll application for my company.  Basically
we want to allow time/expense entry from the field via a web site,
process the information based on a set of defineable rules, and output
a text file for input into out accounting system.  I've been trying to
figure out what the best plan of attack would be, but Im having
trouble finding the pieces I (think) i need.

We use ZOPE as our intranet server.  I would like to find some kind of
rules engine that would work within Zope and allow different people
(depending on their user rights) to edit the rules that define how
input is processed into output.  (We have defined about 100 rules at
least, and they change every few months or so)  It seems to me like I
need an input screen, a rules engine, and some means to output the
text file.  Is anyone familiar with a Zope product or something that
would work as a rules/data processing engine that would take input and
prodcue output in this fashion?  Maybe something with a predfined
rules gui?

Thanks for the help in advance.  Its much appreciated :)