myqsldb warning problem

Bill Dandreta wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 8 20:56:58 EDT 2002

Here is the warning that I am getting:

_mysql_exceptions.Warning:   Records:   3073     Duplicates:   0
Warnings:  49

Here is the code that generates the warnings:

s='insert into  prices \
(mfr_num,ournum,strp_num,partnum,descr,pkgsize,cb1,\
  rb1,rb2,rb3,rb4,rb5,c1,sugg1,sugg2,sugg3,sugg4,\
  sugg5,rs1,rs2,rs3,rs4,rs5,comm1,comm2,comm3,\
  comm4,comm5) values ' + ','.join(u)+';'
try:
  cursor.execute(s)
except header.MySQLdb.Error, e:
  print 'Cannot insert prices, see sysop'
  print "Error %d: %s" % (e.args[0], e.args[1])
  exit (1)

I spot checked the database but could find no errors. If I loop
through u and enter the records one at a time there are no warnings.

Is there a known issue with large strings used with the execute
method?

I have a number of these to do and some are more than 10 times larger
than this one.

 Is there a way to find out precisely what is causing the warnings?

Bill