Question about Python threads

Patricia Shanahan pats at acm.org
Wed Aug 28 10:41:15 EDT 2002

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:
> Problems was with synchronization being defined too strict. To implement
> it, full cache flush would be required on each synchronization. No JVM

I don't see the reasons for this. Could you explain further?

[The multiprocessor systems I know best are Sun SPARC systems. If you
frame the explanation in terms of SPARC TSO memory model I don't need
any references to background material on how the caches operate. If you
frame it in terms of some other system's memory model a reference to a
description of the memory model would help.]

Patricia