VM Architecture.

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath rvprasad at cis.ksu.edu
Sat Aug 10 14:26:36 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am looking for documentation about Python VM architecture to
understand how does one compile python code to bytecode and how
does the vm assimilate it. I need to know this to check if a project is
feasible. I could find the set of byt code
instructions in the module index that comes in python documentation.
However, it uses some variables like co_names and stuff
which I dould not find the documentation for. May be I have overlooked.
If somebody knows of any documentation about how the
Python vm works, in terms of it's guts, can you please give a link to it?

waiting for reply,